Special LA Screening Celebrates Upcoming Diamond Edition Release of ALADDIN
In celebration of the upcoming ALADDIN: DIAMOND EDITION release, Scott Weinger, the voice of Aladdin, hosted a special screening of the film at the Walt Disney Studios lot and WAMG was there for Sunday’s fun events.
There was a host of fun activities for kids – a coloring table, ring toss, belly dancing lessons and a nice pre-movie breakfast. Youngsters in attendance also left with gifts such as Disney action figures, the iconic fairy wings, and a special Golden Books edition of Aladdin.
For many of the kids in the audience, this was their first time seeing ALADDIN, including star Scott Weinger’s own son and his delighted friends, further confirming that this Disney classic holds up through generations.
Disney’s beloved masterpiece will make your heart race and your spirit soar.
Experience the laughter, adventure and Academy Award-winning music (1992: Best Music, Original Song, “A Whole New World,” Original Score) for the first time on Blu-ray and Digital HD. And now ALADDIN shines even brighter with never-before-seen tributes to the enchanting talent of Robin Williams, the “Genius behind the Genie.
ALADDIN: DIAMOND EDITION will be available for the first time on Blu-ray and Digital HD on September 29th and on Blu-ray/DVD on October 13.
Scott Weinger was joined by Ron Clements (“Aladdin” Producer/Director); Jodie Sweetin (“Full House/Fuller House”); Luna Blaise (ABC’s “Fresh Off the Boat”); Joey Bragg (Disney Channel’s “Liv and Maddie”); Ricky Garcia (Disney Channel’s “Best Friends Whenever”); Murray Rundus (Disney Channel’s “Gamer’s Guide”); Nina Lu (Disney Channel’s “Bunk’d”); Lauren Taylor (Disney Channel’s “Best Friends Whenever”); Nathan Arenas (Disney Channel’s “Bunk’d”); Kamil McFadden (Disney Channel’s “KC Undercover”)
The voice cast includes Robin Williams (Jumanji, Night at the Museum) as The Genie, Scott Weinger (TV’s “Full House”) as Aladdin, Linda Larkin as Jasmine, Gilbert Gottfried (TV’s “Saturday Night Live”) as Iago, Jonathan Freeman (Aladdin: the Musical on Broadway) as Jafar, Douglas Seale (Rescuers Down Under, For Love or Money) as Sultan and Frank Welker (Mulan, The Smurfs 2) as Abu.
Producers/Directors: John Musker and Ron Clements (Moana, The Little Mermaid, Hercules)
Writers: Ron Clements and John Musker (Moana, The Little Mermaid, Hercules) Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio (Shrek, Pirates of the Caribbean 1-4)
Music & Lyrics: Alan Menken – Music (The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, The Hunchback of Notre Dame), Howard Ashman – Lyrics (The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast), Tim Rice – Lyrics (The Lion King, Evita)
Release Dates: September 29, 2015 (Digital) & October 13, 2015 (Physical)
Product SKUs: Disney Movies Anywhere, Digital HD & SD, Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital) and DVD
Blu-ray & Digital Bonus Features:
- The Genie Outtakes – Robin Williams’ Genie outtakes are magically brought to life.
- Genie 101 – Our host, Scott Weinger (the voice of Aladdin), takes us through the various transformattions of the famous (and formerly famous) celebrity references of the Genie.
- Ron & John: You Ain’t Never Had a Friend Like Me – Directors John Musker & Ron Clements sit down and discuss the experiences of their long-running partnership together at Disney.
- Aladdin: Creating Broadway Magic – Join host Darren Criss as we take “a new fantastic point of view” at the story of how Aladdin went from a classic Disney animated film to become Broadway’s smash hit with Composer Alan Menken and others.
- Unboxing Aladdin – Our host, Joey Bragg from Disney Channel’s Liv & Maddy, explore the Easter eggs and hidden secrets of Aladdin in this unboxing video.
- Classic Bonus – ALL classic bonus from the original DVD release
DMA Exclusive Bonus Features: Deleted Song – “My Finest Hour” – Jafar takes the stage in this never-before-seen deleted song. Includes intro from Ron & John. (DMA exclusive)
DVD Bonus Features: Select Classic Bonus, including:
- Deleted Song / “Proud Of Your Boy” (Original Demo Recording)
- Deleted Song / “You Can Count On Me”
- Deleted Song / “Humiliate The Boy”
- Deleted Song / “Why Me”
- Deleted Scene / “Aladdin & Jasmine’s First Meeting”
- Deleted Scene / “Aladdin in the Lap of Luxury”
Ratings: G in US & Canada (bonus materials are not rated)
Feature Run Time: Approximately 91 Minutes
Aspect Ratio: 1:85:1
Audio: Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital. DVD: English, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital.
Languages: English, French and Spanish
Subtitles: English (ESL/SDH), French and Spanish
DMA App: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/disney-movies-anywhere-watch