Don’t Miss Amazon Studios’ And Michael B. Jordan’s “A Night at the Drive-In” – August 12 & 26
Amazon Studios and Michael B. Jordan’s Outlier Society’s “A Night at the Drive-In”, has been a hugely successful nationwide summer screening series since it began in July.
The movies have featured a wide selection of films celebrating multi-cultural voices in cinema. In an effort to evoke the nostalgic joy of a summer evening at the drive-in with family and friends, attendance has been no cost to local communities.
- AUGUST 12 – Movies to make you open your eyes:
- Do The Right Thing (Universal)
- Get Out (Universal)
- AUGUST 26 – Movies to make you laugh:
- Coming to America (Paramount Pictures)
- Girls Trip (Universal)
For additional details on locations, show times and ticket information, please visit: ANightAtTheDrive-In.com
Amazon Studios has hosted double-features curated by Michael B. Jordan with help from his newly formed marketing arm 8788 and Outlier Society.
“When Michael and our friends at Outlier proposed this idea, we instantly agreed there was no better time to celebrate these inspired films featuring diverse stories while bringing communities together to share in the experience” said Jennifer Salke, Head of Amazon Studios. “Drive-in theaters offer a unique experience in that they provide an inspiring and joyful communal experience while still maintaining safe social distance. A special thanks to our friends and colleagues at Sony Pictures, Warner Bros., Disney, Universal Pictures and Paramount Pictures.”
“With this drive-in summer series, I hope that friends and families are able to not only enjoy, but to learn and grow,” said Michael B. Jordan, Principal of Outlier Society. “Now more than ever, amplifying Black and Brown stories means engaging culture to speak to hearts and minds about the world we live in. As we use this opportunity to reimagine community and proximity, I am excited that these films will be shared and celebrated all across the country.”
As part of the concessions for the screenings, all attendees will receive refreshments provided by Black and Brown owned businesses, which are Path Water, Pipcorn Popcorn and Partake Cookies.
Jordan and Outlier Society, who have a TV first-look deal with Amazon Studios, selected films from Prime Video’s vast portfolio of content. Each week the featured titles have focused on a specific theme. Here’s a look at what was screened in July:
- Movies to make you fall in love:
- Love & Basketball (Warner Bros. / New Line)
- Crazy Rich Asians (Warner Bros.)
- Movies that make you proud:
- Black Panther (Disney)
- Creed (Warner Bros.)
- Movies to inspire your inner child:
- Hook (Sony Pictures)
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Sony Pictures)
Below is the list of theaters.
- Vineland Drive-In – Los Angeles, CA
- Overlook Drive-In – New York, NY
- Solano Twin Drive-In– San Francisco, CA
- Sacramento Drive-In 6 – Sacramento, CA
- Las Vegas 6 Drive-In – Las Vegas, NV
- Shankweiler’s Drive-In – Philadelphia, PA
- Galaxy Drive-In – Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX
- Showboat Drive-In – Houston, TX
- Ford Wyoming Drive-In – Detroit, MI
- Springmill Drive-In – Cleveland, OH
- South Drive-In Twin – Columbus, OH
- Jesup Drive-In Twin – Savannah, GA
- Bengies Drive-In – Baltimore, MD
- Ocala Drive-In – Orlando, FL
- Parkway Drive-In – Knoxville, TN
- Midway Twin Drive-In – Cleveland, OH
- Glendale Drive-in – Phoenix, AZ
- Transit Drive-In – Buffalo, NY
- Badin Drive-In – Charlotte, NC
- Monetta Drive-In – Augusta-Aiken, SC
Thank you to Universal Pictures, Sony Pictures, Warner Bros., Disney and Paramount Pictures for providing the films.