TCM Remembers 2013 Video; Watch Joan Fontaine and Peter O’Toole Tributes TODAY

TCM-Remembers-2013

Turner Classic Movies (TCM) will pay tribute to Oscar® winner Joan Fontaine and eight-time Oscar® nominee and honorary Academy Award® recipient Peter O’Toole with tributes TODAY Sunday, Dec. 29.

The Fontaine collection features Blonde Cheat (1938), The Women (1939), Born To Be Bad (1950), Ivanhoe (1952), Fontaine’s Oscar-nominated roles in The Constant Nymph (1943) and Rebecca (1940), and her Oscar-winning performance in Suspicion (1940).

In the evening, TCM will pay tribute to O’Toole with his Oscar-nominated performances in Lawrence of Arabia (1962), Goodbye, Mr. Chips (1969) and My Favorite Year (1982). Also featured will be a special encore telecast of Peter O’Toole: Live from the TCM Classic Film Festival, a one-hour extended interview with TCM host Robert Osborne taped before a live audience at the 2011 TCM Classic Film Festival.

Suspicion1 revised

The following is the complete lineup for TCM’s on-air tributes to Joan Fontaine and Peter O’Toole:

Sunday, Dec. 29
All times are ET/PT.

TCM Remembers Joan Fontaine

6:30 a.m. – Blonde Cheat (1938)
7:45 a.m. – The Women(1939)
10:15 a.m. – Born to Be Bad (1950)
Noon – Ivanhoe (1952)
2 p.m. – The Constant Nymph (1943)
4 p.m. – Suspicion (1941)
5:45 p.m. – Rebecca (1940)

TCM Remembers Peter O’Toole

8 p.m. – Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
Midnight – Peter O’Toole: Live from the TCM Classic Film Festival (2011)
1 a.m. – Goodbye Mr. Chips (1969)
3:45 a.m. – My Favorite Year (1982)

Lawrence of Arabia-2

Turner Classic Movies (TCM) pays tribute to the cinematic artists who passed away in 2013 in the network’s annual “TCM Remembers” video montage. This year’s “TCM Remembers” tribute debuted earlier this month on TCM and will appear in regular rotation on the network through December and January.

Several unforgettable stars are included in TCM’s video tribute this year, including Karen BlackEileen BrennanHarry Carey Jr.Deanna DurbinCharles DurningAnnette FunicelloJames Gandolfini,Jack KlugmanEleanor ParkerJean StapletonEsther Williams and Jonathan Winters, to name a few.

Celebrated figures from behind the camera include producer special effects master Ray Harryhausen, writer/producer Elmore Leonard, writer Richard Matheson, director/stunt coordinator Hal Needham, Japanese filmmaker Nagisa Oshima, writer/director/producer Michael Winner, director/screenwriter Bryan Forbes and screenwriters Fay Kanin and Ruth Prawer Jhabvala, among several others.

In addition, the “TCM Remembers” video features film critics Roger Ebert and Stanley Kauffman.

Watch it below or on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6gXi67ueD0

Providing the musical background for this year’s “TCM Remembers” tribute is the song is “In the Embers” by Sleeping At Last (http://sleepingatlast.com), a project created by singer and multi-instrumentalist Ryan O’Neal.

The location backdrop for the “TCM Remembers” video is The Lyric Fine Arts Theatre in Birmingham, Ala.  Built in 1914, the theater is currently undergoing a major restoration for which the Light Up the Lyric campaign (http://lightupthelyric.com) just reached its $7 million fund-raising goal.

Huge passion for film scores, Lives for the Academy Awards, Loves movie trailers.

1. dave johnson

December 30, 2013 at 10:45 am

One of the most touching tributes I’ve ever seen. Peter O’Toole blowing the match out at the end… I wept. Thank you.

2. Suzy Nichols

December 31, 2013 at 11:18 am

I love the “TCM Remembers”. I wish they were on a DVD. These videos are like watching a tribute to a family member who has passed away; actually those actors/writers/directors were like family to me. I cry each time I watch them and thank God for allowing them to be a part of my life. Thank you so much, TMC for Remembering our loved ones who passed. Please consider making a DVD collection of the years gone by.

3. Victor Westbrook

January 17, 2014 at 9:03 am

Thank you for bringing up the subject, Suzy Nichols. Apparently, I’m not alone in my desire for a “TCM Remembers” DVD.
    I’ve been a TCM viewer for many years now, taking the time to simply tape the individual “TCM Remembers” segments over the years and commit them to a DVD. Unfortunately, even though I kept my recorder going 24 hours a day to catch the 2013 tributes, I never found it when I played back all those many hours of recordings.
    Come on TCM, why do you not offer these striking and memorable segments on DVD? There certainly seems to be a market for them out there. Please consider it.