Zack Snyder Talks JUSTICE LEAGUE, Reveals New “Mother Box Origins” Video, Joker, Martian Manhunter And Deathstroke
On March 18 the long-awaited Zack Snyder’s Justice League premieres on HBO Max. On Saturday IGN interviewed the director about the upcoming release and debuted a new trailer.
Check out the Easter eggs https://www.ign.com/articles/justice-league-snyder-cut-easter-eggs-clues-mother-box-origins
In ZACK SNYDER’S JUSTICE LEAGUE, determined to ensure Superman’s (Henry Cavill) ultimate sacrifice was not in vain, Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) aligns forces with Diana Prince (Gal Gadot) with plans to recruit a team of metahumans to protect the world from an approaching threat of catastrophic proportions. The task proves more difficult than Bruce imagined, as each of the recruits must face the demons of their own pasts to transcend that which has held them back, allowing them to come together, finally forming an unprecedented league of heroes. Now united, Batman (Affleck), Wonder Woman (Gadot), Aquaman (Jason Momoa), Cyborg (Ray Fisher) and The Flash (Ezra Miller) may be too late to save the planet from Steppenwolf, DeSaad and Darkseid and their dreadful intentions.
Below is the video where IGN sat down with Zack Snyder to discuss the four hour movie, Martian Manhunter, Joker, Darkseid and Deathstroke.
00:00 – Intro
01:00 – What’s the latest on the Snyder Cut?
05:30 – Shift from four-part release to single film
07:20 – Locked Zack Snyder’s Justice League running time
08:45 – Exclusive clip reveal
14:30 – What’s up with the Justice League?
22:15 – Justice League surprise “fan” cameo question
24:00 – Cyborg’s storyline in the Snyder Cut
25:45 – Joker’s addition to Zack Snyder’s Justice League
28:20 – Plans for future Justice League films
30:30 – What to expect from Darkseid and Steppenwolf
33:45 – Who is in Man of Steel’s empty pod?
35:00 – How much Knightmare will we see?
36:20 – Justice League: Justice Is Grey release plans
38:30 – Releasing the movie in 1.43 aspect ratio
The big takeaways from the terrific interview:
Three ZACK SNYDER’S JUSTICE LEAGUE versions –
- Justice Is Gray Edition of JUSTICE LEAGUE
- Zack Snyder Justice League Great Edition is the black and white IMAX version and Snyder’s favorite version.
- Color version
- Intermission – Snyder said “it will include a “beautiful intermission, Junkie XL intermission” between the four chapters when shown in theaters
- The film was shot in IMAX format aspect ratio for the big 1.43 theaters so it will be shown in March in the 1.3:3 aspect. The film is completed and will run hours. (4 hours and 2 mins to be exact.)
- Snyder doesn’t know if and or when there will be a blu-ray release.
- Harry Lennix “Calvin Swanwick” Martian Manhunter appeared. Snyder explained “it’s his alter-ego and he wants humanity to do it themselves, he’s manipulated Lois and Clark to do their best, to be the best they can be.”
- Additional photography…cast members came back and include Batman in cowl and Superman in the black suit and how he put him in the suit and turned it from color to black and silver. We saw a version in it in the Zod sequence in Man of Steel.
- “Our Bruce had a higher moral or stronger moral compass when he first started crime-fighting in Gotham 20 years ago, but he’s seen a lot of rough stuff happen over the years and I think that he’s a bit jaded now, obviously. The death of Robin and others, I think that he now has found himself in a dark place but, yes, the whole point was that the death of Superman really shakes him out of that and puts him on this really cathartic path to form the Justice League and do his part.”
- JUSTICE LEAGUE shot with a planned part 2 and will end on “a massive cliffhanger.” No plans as of now for JUSTICE LEAGUE 2. Snyder says, “Deathstroke (Joe Manganiello) and Batman have struck a deal and are working together instead of mortal enemies to defeat Darkseid. Joker is in this cut to fulfill the promise of having Joker in this universe and not having them come together and also there was a question I had you’d always wanted him to be in the nightmare reality so it was a great opportunity and when I talked to Jared Leto and he was interested in doing it.”
- ARMY OF THE DEAD film says Snyder is basically a “heist movie” – a love letter to his favorite films like ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK, ALIENS and zombie films. It’s not in the universe as DAWN OF THE DEAD and its own movie. He also just shot a prequel in Europe.
- Snyder did express his grateful support from the fans and for his charity.
Watch this past summer’s DC FanDome HERE.